OVER 20 YEARS IN THE TREASURE VALLEY
LET OUR EXPERIENCE BE YOUR GUIDE
To many, an appraisal is simply one more thing on the break-sheet for a mortgage or refinance. The majority of lenders still need a local expert because the stakes are very high, even though there are an increasing number of automated home valuation systems that may appear to be more prudent than an appraisal. You might assume that securing a mortgage is the only reason you should get an appraisal, but there are other instances when the services of a certified, independent real estate professional might be beneficial.
Whether it's an older home or luxurious new construction, our knowledge of local neighborhoods and education as licensed appraisers make us qualified to provide home valuations in Southwest Idaho for clients ranging from national mortgage companies to local lenders or individual businesses and consumers.
SELL YOUR HOME QUICKER & THE RIGHT PRICE
Whether you choose to sell your home on your own or with the help of a real estate agent, a professional appraisal can help you make a better educated decision regarding your asking price. An appraiser has no vested interest in what price the house sells for, which is different than the interest of real estate agents. Our fees aren't related to the sales price, but rather they depend on our efforts to complete the appraisal.
On a daily basis, we determine the difference in value things like an additional bathroom or a kitchen remodel can make. Seeking a professional appraisal is a reliable way to decide what improvements will add value and what an applicable sales price is for your home - so you don't come up short or have your house on the market an unnecessarily long time - because we're experts in knowing how long homes are one the market.
Homes in foreclosure and properties that have gone back to the lender's holding bring forth specific appraisal problems. You should recognize the meanings of "market value" and a "quick disposition" price to analyze your potential write-down liability when dealing with a home in foreclosure. At Boise Valley Appraisal, we have the experience in both furnishing snapshots of market value for our mortgage lending clients, as well as "quick sale" forecasts that factor in your pressing needs.
Owners of houses in foreclosure might be uncooperative to allowing an inspection of the home, thus presenting unique challenges. Often the subjects have been vandalized, unfortunately by the residents themselves. Or, it's likely you'll find a house at least abandoned or the home neglected for extended periods of time.
You'll be interested in a fast disposition if the house has reverted to bank owned. So you might want to understand and review three values: "as-is", "as repaired", and "quick sale". These symbolize:
- The value of the house without any work done to it
- Possible value with the repairs required to make the property marketable at full market value - consistent with competing homes in the area
- Somewhere in the middle, with minimal investment in repairs - to sell the property quickly, seemingly to someone inclined to finish the job themselves
Again, we understand your urgency and the specific circumstances of a Real Estate Owned house, in addition to the specific data you will need - competing listings, market trends, and the like. You can bank on Boise Valley Appraisal to take on the appraisal of your bank owned property professionally and efficiently.
HONEST DIVORCE SETTLEMENTS
A divorce is a particularly heartbreaking event for the parties involved, and it is often more complicated by the challenging decision of who gets the home. It's a good idea to get an appraisal from Boise Valley Appraisal so both parties are entirely aware of the true market value of their home, regardless of the circumstances. The parties will have a better idea of what price to set, if they need to sell the home. And if a "buyout" is the chosen option, both parties will feel like they've received a fair and unbiased appraisal of the property to estimate it's market value.
FAIR & ACCURATE
When the value of real estate around Southwest Idaho is needed, count on a State Certified Real Estate Appraiser from Boise Valley Appraisal.
- Mortgage professionals needing an experienced Southwest Idaho appraiser
- Increasing your HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit)
- Appraisals for relocation coordinators
- Setting a home's listing price whether you're a consumer wanting to do a FSBO or an agent working with a homeowner
- Review appraisals: Reviewing the work of other appraisers in or around Southwest Idaho
- Challenging your home's assessed value if you live in an area where prices have depreciated
- Determining market value on property related to a bankruptcy
- Retrospective home valuations
- Getting an accurate, yet affordable, floorplan sketch and appraiser-verified estimate of a home's living area
- Divorce settlements when the value of the shared home is needed